Here are 5 ways to improve your naps:
- If you’re a morning person, the best time to nap is around 1 or 1:30PM. If you’re a night owl, nap later, around 2:30 or 3PM.
- The best naps are under 45 mins or 90-120 mins. Anything in between is likely to give you that groggy feeling.
- Naps don’t mean you’re lazy: A NASA study showed that in-flight naps improved subsequent performance by 34% and overall alertness by 54%.
- To make sure you’re productive after your nap drink a cup of coffee right before laying down. Caffeine takes about 20-30 minutes to kick in.
- No nap is too short: A 2008 study showed that even a nap of a few minutes provided benefits. Just anticipating a nap lowers blood pressure.
Keep in mind that 10 minutes is the best nap length.
Naps are not for the lazy, they’re for the productive:
Across the board, sleep is vital:
Join over 140,000 readers and get a free weekly update via email here.
How To Be Resilient: 8 Steps To Success When Life Gets Hard
What 10 things should you do every day to improve your life?
How To Make Your Life Better By Sending Five Simple Emails