Order my new book by 5/16 for exclusive bonuses. Click here.
Huh? Set goals? Why?
How do you set goals?
What are the first steps in moving toward your goals?
- Don’t look at goals like a death march. Putting some time into making them fun is both more enjoyable and more effective.
How do I keep going and not give up?
- The secret to avoiding goal-induced stress is more planning. This reduces random factors that can throw a wrench into things and knock you off course.
What are 5 things that make achieving goals easier?
- Make a step-by-step plan.
- Tell other people about your goal.
- Think about the good things that will happen if you achieve your goal.
- Reward yourself for making progress toward your goal.
- Record your progress (e.g., in a journal or on a chart).
What are 5 things that don’t work when it comes to goals?
- Motivate yourself by focusing on someone that you admire for achieving so much (e.g., a celebrity role model or great leader).
- Think about the bad things that will happen if you don’t achieve your goal.
- Try to suppress unhelpful thoughts (e.g., avoid thinking about eating unhealthy food or smoking).
- Rely on willpower.
- Fantasize about how great your life will be when you achieve my goal.
More tips here.
Join over 140,000 readers and get a free weekly update via email here.
How To Be Resilient: 8 Steps To Success When Life Gets Hard
What 10 things should you do every day to improve your life?
How To Make Your Life Better By Sending Five Simple Emails
Over 500,000 people have subscribed to my newsletter. Join now and get the beginning of my new book free:
I want to subscribe!