Order my new book by 5/16 for exclusive bonuses. Click here.
The very smart Ryan Holiday has an excellent post up about making big decisions.
These were my takeaways:
- Whatever happens, you’ll be fine. You’re not deciding whether to do opt for chemo or not.
- Get information, not advice.
- Think about where you want to go, back out your decisions from there.
- Consider opportunity costs.
- Sometimes, you have to act before you’re ready.
- Rely on cognitive dissonance to protect you from regret.
- Generally, act in a way that leaves as many possible options open as possible.
- People have been doing [whatever it is you’re deciding about] for a while now. This is all written down, often in the first person. Read it.
- Finally, don’t feel guilty for asking for help. There is NOT A CHANCE that the successful people you know today didn’t rely on the successful people they knew in order to get where they are.
Join 45K+ readers. Get a free weekly update via email here.
5 ways to easily increase self-control
How can you easily start good habits?
How do we get rid of our bad habits?
Over 500,000 people have subscribed to my newsletter. Join now and get the beginning of my new book free:
I want to subscribe!