Living with regret scares us all.
Bronnie Ware worked in palliative care for many years, tending to people during the last three to twelve weeks of their lives. A handful of themes cropped up in the things they regretted during their final days:
Via The Top Five Regrets of the Dying:
1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
2. I wish I didn’t work so hard.
3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
To them, these were regrets. For us, maybe the above can be a checklist of what not to do.
If you want to learn the science behind how to overcome regret, click here.
Join over 151,000 readers. Get a free weekly update via email here.
How To Stop Being Lazy And Get More Done – 5 Expert Tips
6 Things The Most Productive People Do Every Day
New Harvard Research Reveals A Fun Way To Be More Successful
I want to subscribe!